As for any text or document it comes to no surprise that writing simple, authentic, qualified and original content is the key to get attention and understanding from user.
Hence please find below a number of professional tips we have collected during our review of sites and our work with the documentation process for a number of companies.
Content includes videos, articles, reports, product reviews, website copy, and a host of other content types. The wonderful thing about content is you have numerous options to create great content for your business.
In short: CONTENT is KING, i.e. you should always have content in mind as the most important aspect of how user will perceive your site. And remember: Google is just a tool, what counts here is user perception.
- Simpler and shorter is better: Can content be made simpler and shorter? Avoid info overflow
- Critical review of content from user point of view, wearing “user hat". Holistic and unreserved feedback – positive as well as negative comments are welcome
- One page per topic, if you have more topics per page it is advised to split
- Content should be unique. Add references to your source info wherever relevant, this may also help you to get backlinks from the sites you reference.
- Check site for redundant content – replace duplicate info with hyperlink references
- Content should be regularly updated (say minimum every 6 months)
- Focus on a few services/products you may support. You can always add more later on depending on customer demand
- What is intended audience? Is info provided at the right level? Provide right level of info – no more no less. Adjust text and image level to the audience you target. Esp. Do not make content too technical for your audience, rather ask the question: What does user need to know?
- Stay neutral, concise and right to the point in your text, avoid too much hype as well as value adjectives
- Integrity: If user perceives your content as honest, trustworthy and credible he may select you for cooperation going forward
- Elevator pitch: Think of your text this way, are you able to communicate your message/take away in this blog post or page within 5-10 seconds?
Content writing tips:
First and foremost we advise to try to replicate writing process:
- Start with brainstorming session involving relevant persons (mentor, coach, sparring partner or similar)
- Get an honest and independent 2nd opinion about your site from a person you trust
- Review with relevant persons, which can provide honest, unreserved and critical feedback - positive as well as negative
- Make draft content document according to below checklist e.g. as offline word document under document control.
- Then publish updated document
- Update document regularly as you get comments from blogs etc.
- Same procedure for blogs, comments etc. you make on other sites
Regularly (say minimum every 6 months) analyze your site and compare your info with what you find in Google e.g. at other competitors:
- How do competitors describe their offers?
- Are your service/product descriptions up to date?
- Which are your competitive advantages at this point?
- If you are providing same type of services/products how can you increase your share of that segment by updating your content?
- Check flow of site and text – like presentation, try to present to relevant partner, coach or similar person selected by you for critical review
- Is content clear and informative? Esp. avoid too many keywords. If you use keywords then provide simple text around them to explain what you have in mind and what you want user to associate with them
- Visual impression
- Matching colors of images, header and footer, check contrast, color harmony etc.
- Check image title if relevant
- If image is related to your text explain how
- Build text around images – not the other way around
- Think in image if relevant
- Diagrams and schematics: Explain what they mean and what you want to conclude from them
- Often a diagram can be much more helpful to user than a long text
- But a diagram without explanation is more likely to you negative feedback from users
- Obviously Google can’t check that, but it helps you to get good user feedback and comments
- Avoid bold and different font colors in text paragraph if not strictly required
- Font sizes and colors: ensure that font family, font sizes, font colors, hover over background etc. are aligned on your site
- Headers: Use H1, H2 or sometimes H3, but not H4 or higher, they become too small. And header should only be used as a header – like in a document. So remaining text would be Paragraph. See also what yoast recommends here
- E.g. font size: 21px or 18px, font family: Georgia, font color: black or white, hover over color: opposite to font color. Dark text on light background will always be the easiest to read
- Check for spelling errors – it makes a bad impression if your text is having syntactic or spelling errors
- Check punctuation – use comma (“,”) and dot (“.”) as per normal rules to separate and clarify text. Esp. avoid too long sentences
SEO DENMARK PHILOSOPHY
We focus on holistic, content driven approach based on transverse review and analysis of user experience. Contact us today for a free SEO consultation.
This blog has been inspired by below main references: